Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Leaking Brake fluid

Mike
Thanks for your advice.
The fluid has run down the seam and it will need a clean up. Fortunately the
soundproofing is a bit above the seam and was not affected.
I agree people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.
Apologies for the emotion. It is difficult to prevent this upon discovery of
previous deliberate negligence on a safety related item.
Also I am grateful for the existence of the workshop I go to now.
I do however think that when one is working on ones own car the care factor
shoots up high above the care delivered by the trade provided the skill is
present. I realise that the trade have times to work to and DIYer's can take
as long as it takes to get it perfect. On the other hand the trade have the
tools.
Generally I will try and do it myself if it is a one person job within the
capability of my tools.
The reason I wrote the letter was to bring the experience into the general
domain.
Peter H