Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Anti-car Lobby/ Rule Books!

The latest one I've heard of is an EEC directive that all tow-bars
fitted to "new" cars (S Reg and beyond) must be approved for that
vehicle. No towbars may be transferred from an older vehicle to a "new"
vehicle. Good way to charge more money.

Well I know the one's I've built for my stag and PI estate are solid,
ask the owner of the Golf who ran into the back of me! Then again our
cars were built so solid that you don't need a degree in
Engineering/Stress relief/Topology to find somewhere strong enough to
take a towbar.

Yet another example of the Nanny state whe're all living in, "let me out
a here!!!!"

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided
2000/2.5PI/2500 Register (Area organiser West Surrey)
Club Triumph

'67 2000 Saloon
'67 Spitfire (PI)
'70 2.5PI Estate