Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag "Middle" sill

Hi Dean

The 'middle sill' you refer to is believed to be a parts catalogue
hang-over from the Stag prototype which was originally designed without a
'T' bar, and from my contacts nobody has ever yet seen a Stag built with
the middle sill included, except for one press car which has been totally
renovated and in which these middle sills were fortunately still in good
condition.

The original parts catalogue was compiled in 1968/69 as a temporary measure
pending the release of the 'proper' parts list, and I am assuming it is
this soft-bound catalogue you are referring to.

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register