Stag/Stag Digest Archive

MK1 / MK2 Soft tops

Hi all,

I have a Mk 2 1977 Stag which will shortly require hood treatment (not that
I have it up much).  The current hood is Mk2 but I must admit to preferring
the Mk1 type for visibility.  Right turns can result in meeting
"interesting people" especially in wet weather.
I know the cons are related to folding of plastic,grazing etc and I guess
it is more a matter of choice with me.

But enough preamble my question is are the MK1 and Mk2 soft tops
interchangeable or are there any subtle differences in the hoods or frames
which would put fitting a MK1 hood on a Mk2 Car into the too hard basket..

Ron Brown
1977 Flamenco Red
Manual o/d
Gold Coast Oz