Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Windshield Trim

Hey folks,
Has anyone found a source or substitute for the windshield/windscreen
 trim. This is one of the last remaining nits on the restoration of my
 '73.  Sapphire Blue with the wheels polished up, lookin pretty hot!
By the way, she had her maiden run last Sunday afternoon. No bumpers,
 windshield and only the drivers seat bolted in. Ran pretty good with
 the rebuilt motor. Call me a elitist but the Stag is only a Stag with
 the Triumph V8! Wife hopped in and sat on the floor as we cruised up
 and down our road (live in a rural area and my neighbors are used to
 my various Triumph half assembled maiden voyages). Still need to do
 some final carb setups but she still ran strong! The acceleration
 (yes, taking it easy during engine breakin) with the 4 speed is nice.
 Mike W and everyone, I'll fill you  in later on the causes of the
 starting difficulties.
Oh, for my two cents worth, the talk of bad advice is getting old here.
 If you think about it, its like we are ALL friends here and part of a
 exclusive club. This digest brings us all close as if we are all live
 in the same general area. Friends do argue from time to time and thats
 ok. Relax, its a hobby and remember that everyones intentions are
 honorable/honourable. Be frustrated with the cars, not each other.
 Cars can be fixed easier than friendships sometimes.

Joe Pawlak
Hampshire, IL USA
'73 Stag (almost there)
'65 Spitfire