Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Manual overdrive gearboxes

Hi all

Seeing as how my overdrive has never worked since I bought the stag and it
appears to be correctly wired, I propose the following questions.

In this groups humble opinion, which is more likely to stop working first,
the overdrive or the solenoid ?

Also is there any way to test the solenoid without removing it from the car,
or is that the only way ?

If anyone has had this sort of experience how did you resolve the problem ?
New solenoid ? or gearbox and overdrive out !?

Ian Baird
'70 MK1 Stag