Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag Water Pump follow-up

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions on the 6/12 water
pump/cover issue. I have decided to err on the side of caution and fit
the 12 vane cover.

As a follow-up question,  the workshop manual says that when re-fitting
the intake manifold, you must slacken one head before torquing the intake
manifold. If I do this, will I have to replace the head gasket?

The motor has not been started since the rebuild, so  the head gaskets
will not have been effected by the heat.

I tried to post this earlier,  but Hurricane Georges and Florida Power &
Light thought that it would be a good idea to turn the power off just as
I was sending the posting. If it's on the list twice, sorry...

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

Why pay more to use the Internet?
Get fast, reliable, affordable Web access
From Juno, the world's second largest online service.
Download your free software <a href="http://www.juno.com/getit.a.html">here</a>.