Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Water Pump Upgrade

Lawrence  G Miceli Wrote:
Subject: Stag Water Pump

I am finishing the restoration on a 1973 Stag. During the project I
heard
about the "benefits" of the 12 vane pump and fitted one to the car. At
the time I did not know about the 12 vs 6 vane pump cover issue, so I
now
have a 12 vane pump with a 6 vane pump cover.

Any input would be appreciated.

I installed the T-7 12 vane pump in my stag about 5000 miles ago. I
didn't know anything about the covers being different until reading your
posting. All I did was make sure the gap was set correctly for clearance
at the top of the cover. Weather or not someone who owned the car before
me had replaced the cover with the 12 vane one you speak of, I don't
know - but I have had no problems.

Hope this helps

Rodney Trout

72 Stag