Stag/Stag Digest Archive

dipstick and tubes.

greeting gents and others,

seeing that I started all this yabber about dipsticks and tubes, can I make 2 points,

1) I do not see what difference it makes as to whether a tube exists or not, or how long the tube is in relation to the dipstick.

2) the real important consideration is  the amount of oil in the bottom of the sump before the engine starts, because this effects the amount of oil covering the oil pickup at the pump, and the amount of oil in the sump WHEN THE ENGINE IS RUNNING.

Therefore, may I re-affirm my earlier comments, the only way to know where the oil level is on  the dipstick is to replace the filter, add the correct amount of oil as stated in the manual BY MEASUREMENT, run the motor for a couple of minutes to fill the filter and let is settle for an hour and then see where the oil in on the stick.   And if it does not aggree with the markings, re-mark the stick.

I did this and improved my oil pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep staggering  brian