Stag/Stag Digest Archive

dip sticks

my curiosity got the best of me regarding the oil dip stick question. i
went to my shop today to check my 72 usa spec stag #LE13338UB . i also
checked my spare engine,  a 72 usa spec unit. both  have a dip stick tube.
it is 5.5 inches long and has a flared top.  it is located on the right
side of the engine (sitting in the  drivers seat looking forward)between
the center exhaust manifold flange and the  3rd. spark plug back. it is
virtually impossible to see from the top. the top of the tube is even or
level with the top of the cast iron block.  hope this sheds some light on
the subject.
Stuart Corenblum
'72 Stag
'57 T-Bird