Stag/Stag Digest Archive

boot backboards

Dear all

After nearly six years of ownership, I have finally gotten around to
acquiring a boot backboard kit from Rimmer Brothers.

I received a lovely piece of hardboard and a chunk of carpet. I am sadly
disadvantaged in that my car was not fitted with this item when I bought
it. I have no bolts etc.
Does the back board bolt to the back of the light unit?

The previous owner was kind enough to supply me with the rear light
covers and I take it that these screw to the back board as well.

When I got the car the only bits of carpet fitted to the boot were the
boards that fix to the inner wing on each side. I bought a carpet kit
years ago and will finally now get around to fitting it. My only concern
is where the carpet fits around the boot hinges. Should it be fixed to a
hardboard backing or not...

Regards

Richard Hudson
73 Auto White Stag