Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Some odd logic

Hi Brian
Yes there is a part number 157935 called a tuning plate which restricts the
amount of air entering the carbies.
It has a very specifically shaped opening.
They were missing on my car when I first got her but I figured they must be
there for a purpose so invested in a pair of second hand ones.
The car seemed to have a little more power after that for no change in the
fuel consumption, but this is purely anecdotal, I didn't measure the
performance before and after.
Peter Howells