Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Some odd logic

Greetings from Canberra

Can some one please explain some odd Triumph logic!!!!!!!!!!!  well i think
it is.

The pipe, tube (or what ever you like to call it) that connects the
stromberg carbies to the aircleaner, forms, where it connects to the
aircleaner, an oval approx. 3.5 x 2 inches.

Then the question is, why does not the hole in the aircleaner box have the
same dimensions.  In my case the hole in the box is partially blanked out
and only has an area of less than that of the pipe.

I would have thought that for max. efficiency the more air that the engine
can suck in with the min. of interference the better.

keep staggering  brian