Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Coolant in Vee

Hello Peter,
    Head alignment and the intake leaking is an original sin on Stag assembly from
day one.  I read somewhere that there is a Technical Bulletin that mentions head
alignment to the manifold and it is clearly specified in the ROM section
12.41.05.86.  It is typical for a assembler to slap on the cylinder heads and
torque them down, then do the intake, common mistake.  But like Tony Hart says, it
is always a good idea NOT to loosen the a head to realign them after they have
been on for a while as you will surely break the head gasket seal and cause
problems.  Retorquing however is a different story, as the heads should not be
moved when retorquing.

    Mascara brush eh?...I wonder if it has any anti-corrosion or thread locking
properties?

The Distrubuter bolt is a real lazy mechanic, a lazy mechanic takes the other bolt
out all-to-gether.  It is not a problem for a swivel-head socket and another 20
seconds to make sure it is in place after final timing check is made.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell

"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
membership inquiry's to: