Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Oil change intervals

Guy,
I think that if you are always letting the engine get really warm then oil
changes do not have to be so frequent. Apparently impurities build up in
the oil of cars that make lots of short runs, as they do not have an
opportunity to evaporate. However, your oil change routine sounds fine to
me. Better too often than not often enough! And anything that will even
marginally extend the life of the engine has got to be good.
I use a part-synthetic oil, and lately have been wondering about the value
of magnetised oil, which is supposed to stick to parts and protect them
during the critical start-up phase when most wear occurs.

JoHn