Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Alternate Engines

Hello Kevin,
    I'd like to complement you on taking a trashed effort and making it
a daily driver.  You took a Stag that was most likely worthless, and
made it a daily driver.  As you say, you are also doing your part to
educate people about car styling  AND Triumphs, which can only be good.
At least you are driving yours, while some of us are dumping a ton of
labor and money into ours to get them back on the road.

    Out of curiosity, the Z engine must be quite a bit lighter than the
Stag V8, although comparable in power.  Did you modify the front
suspension?  If so, what mods did you need to do?  If not, is that the
reason you want to put in a manual steering?  I saw several good ideas
at Triumphest that will reduce the power steering pressure and stiffen
up the steering feel.

You are right about the "maintenance free" dig, I chose my words Very
carefully.  However, reliable, maintenance free and LBC just do not go
at all in the same sentence, just part of the joy of owning and
restoring a LBC!

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell

"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
membership inquiry's to: