Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: oilcooler install

Ralph

>2)  I ordered the oil cooler adapter from Rimmer and ended up with the
>adapter that goes on the oil pressure sending switch plate.  I am looking
>for some information or diagrams to show me the lines and the oil cooler
>where they go and dimensions.  When I do this; should I install a thermatic
>oil switch and if so what is the temperature setting.

Yes you need that switch. They're mostly all 80 degree celsius (Mocal f.i.)

>4)  My boot will pop open when I am driving around, there seems to be no
>reason why this happens.  Has anybody else experienced this problem and if
>so how do you fix it.

Had this, too, after fitting a new seal. The lock can be adjusted a little bit.
Probably the lock is not closing full. Just try to move it up a little bit.

>5)  I experience major vapor lock after a long drive on a hot day and the
>car is parked for about half an hour in the sun.  The only way to start it
>is to crank it like crazy while you pump the gas madly.  Is there a better
>way.

please check if your mixture is not to rich. Had the same and things are fixed by tuning the carb setting 1/2 a turn more lean.
To test for a too rich mixture just lift carb damper (screwdriver) 1/10 of an inch or just pull the vacuum line from the inlet manifold. If rpm raises significant mixture is too rich.

Tom