Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Alternate Stag Engines

I have a buick V6 in my 73 and it purrs like a kitty, I purchased it
with little
knowledge of the Stag (being a Jaguar/Benz fan) because I have a
Spitfire I've
always loved.

Anyway, there does not appear to be major structural modification, and
the performance
and engine reliability are not an issue. the one complaint I have is the
fabricated oilpan is
Very low and prone to square up nicely with speedbumps if not cautious.

So other than the obvious reasons to keep it original (My Jag has the 6
still ; ) )
I'm happy with the conversion although I'm sure the value is decreased.
Of course I also wanted to drive it.

I did recently purchase a 98 Sebring convertible and it's my current
passion (I know, traitor *grin)
So I've been considering consolidating my stable,if anyone is interested
in a 73 stag with a Buick V6
fresh light metallic blue, Hardtop, good interior etc in the low 3,000
dollar range send them my way
It needs the standard minor tweaks (wife wants me to sell it) - The car
is in Seattle, WA - USA

P.S.
One unrelated question, the softtop was removed and out of car when I
purchased
it (due to new paint) what is the secret for mounting and alignment?
I've tried several times
and the thing just has too much tension to fit easily, if you attach the
front the rear refuses
to clip and vice versa.

Also looking for the small clips that hold the rear portion of the top
up when stowing.

TG