Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag Purchase

Hello Jeff,
    I have gotten this down now to short quick answers regarding the
decision to rebuild or convert the Stag engine:

1.  Changing out the engine will devalue the car's worth and
originality;
2.  All of the Stag problems can be attributed to lack of proper
maintenance;
3.  Converting will cost about the same (for a quality conversion) as a
quality rebuild of the Stag V8.

As to #1, my best estimate after lots of research, is that there are 500
or less Stags in the US in any condition.  As a collectable,  its
reputation is growing in the US.  With less than 500, original Stags
will command the best prices.  A 1975 model would have been a special
order, as imports ended with the 1973 model year.  I bet you can count
the post 1973 Stags remaining in North America on your fingers and have
room left over.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell

"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
membership inquiry's to: