Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Interior lamps and seatbelts etc!

Hi chris and all fellow Staggers,

I hope you got your electric's sorted , they are a bit of a worry on older
cars,  the insulation ages, hardens and cracks, It was just a thought but
my MKII and a good many of those that I looked at had melted Interior lamp
lenses.  It may just be a problem here in hotter climates, when I mentioned
this to others they have seemed surprised so I guess I will through it
open.  Two hot lamps in one holder with little ventilation is  asking for
trouble.

I would like to move the seatbelts up higher on the B Posts and maybe fit
more "suitable" belts as the standard ones seem to have a mind of their own
( shopping trolley syndrome).  This is kind of linked to the interior
lights bit as my MkII still has the MKI lamp holes where you would ideally
place adjustable seat belt mountings above shoulder level.  Maybe someone
else has done this?

Just out of interest My Stag  is  a late MKII (April 1977) the manuals that
I have show a seat belt warning lamp.  (I remember having an S reg Spitfire
1500 of about the same era  and wishing it was a Stag )  The Spitfire had
this "gadget" I don't recall ever seeing this on any  stags  I looked at
though?

I recently bought a new halogen bulb for my dipped beam to discover that it
is rated at 100 W.  Strangely on the box it said Not for sale in Europe
"Made in Germany" !

----------
> From: Fereday, Chris <chris.fereday@domain.elided>
> To: Ronald Brown <ronb@domain.elided>
> Subject: RE: Quick Question - correction!
> Date: Thursday, 13 August 1998 19:52
>
> Hi Ronald,
> Thank you for confirming this. I have ended up sourcing a new section of
> wiring loom as the original is beyond repair. During testing last night
> Ibegan to form the opinion that what you have described, is how the
system
> should work. Unfortunately, mine still doesn't, but at least I know what
I'm