Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Unleaded engine (again etc)

Infoklass:

[ ] Publik	[ ] Intern	[ ] Företagshemlig

Mike,

Could you send me a copy of TSR's report on the unleaded
'problem' as you have mentioned in the digest please.

I have seen you mention on more than one occasion that
hardened valves appear to have been fitted to some
production Stags, but no mention of which years/comm
numbers etc. Does anybody know the answer to this for
sure? How can you tell short of doing a pukka hardness
test? Are there visual differences between the two types?
My Stag is a '77 UK model and it would be nice to
know even if its only at rebuild time.

Thanks

John Denson