Stag/Stag Digest Archive

[Fwd: Re: Stag Carburator Question]

--
	Dave Biggs
	Senior Design Engineer
	Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd,
	Birmingham Business Park,Solihull Parkway, Birmingham, B37 7YU.
	mailto:D.Biggs@domain.elided  tel: 0121 717 6094  efax: 0121 717 6014

---- Begin included message ----
Aeschlimann Peter KSSG_AI wrote:

> Hello fellow Stag Owners
>
> I have a question concerning the carburators on my 76 Auto Stag. My
> mechanic told me to replace the needle and the part which the carb
> needle is guided or where the carb needle goes into. This because a
> former person working on the carb did an adjustment which put the carb
> to run very lean. The adjustment cant be made correctly now without
> these new parts.
>
> Whats the name for the part where the neelde goes into? Does Rimmer Bros
> have this part?

Peter,

I have had a look on the Rimmers site http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/ and I
can only see the needle valve listed. I must say that it is very unusual
to have to change both parts of the jet and I am puzzled how setting the
carbs too lean can damage them.

If you do want replacements then I would recommend Burlen Fuel Systems
(in UK) who supply most parts for Stromberg/Zenith carbs, tel 01722
412500 Fax 01722 334221.

Regards,

Dave.
--