Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Wheel s and oil Pressure

Just an inquiry on Mag Wheels ?

I purchased Christine II ( A red Flamenco Mk II Stag ) here in Australia
after a few months looking.   From the Heritage Certificate I got from
Blighty it states the fittings include alloy road wheels, though it doesn't
say if that was 4 or 5 .

Each Stag I looked at here in Oz had 4 of the normal Stag Alloy wheels and
the spare was a steel rim !   Was this the norm for these cars I ask?   I
would have thought the UK Transport authorities would have insisted that
the Spare be of the same ilk as those put to the road in every day use and
Countries like Oz may have been even more strict !!.

My question is if that was the case where did all the Odd road wheels go?
Are all my odd socks in the same place along with all the car keys??.

The other question on a more serious note is the oil gauge fitted reads in
Kpa.  I assume this to be an atmospheric / pressure type gauge.  it hovers
on 2.0 or is it 20 but I am darned if I can relate to it in Lbs as I don't
know if the pressure is good or bad!.  (The gauge was made in England by
Smiths and was fitted by a previous owner, Sadly it doesn't match the rest
of the dials as it is MK1 Black), I guess I will be in the market for a few
dials soon.

 Anyone a thought ?  If it is anything like diving I think one atmosphere
is about 15Lbs per square inch.

Ron Brown
MK II 1977 Flamenco Red
Gold Coast
Australia

( Contrary to popular belief it is blooming cold here at present 10"c )
P.S  Anybody know the whereabouts of my ex  Mk1 Pimento Red EBT 199L?  I am
interested to know if she still looks as good as ever.