Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Wheel Specs

Tim

Just my six peneth worth, but, in my view, what Tony Hart does not know
about the Stag can be comfortably written on the back of a postage
stamp. If he reckons that it'll muck up the handling then he is probably
right. It all depends on what you are prepared to put up with..

I had a set of "wide" Reliant Scimitar wolfraces fitted to my Stag and
everybody told me that they mess with the handling and make the car
wander around (as well as the fact that big back wheels eat wheel
bearings ??!!??). I guess that I got used to it as the wolfraces were on
it for three years of my ownership. However when I switched back to a
set of original Stag Alloys the car feels completely different.. and I
must admit that even though I prefer the beefy look that the Wolfraces
gave me, I won't bother swapping them back onto the car..

I also poly bushed my suspension and fitted gas shocks all round and
with a little fiddling I am really pleased with the handling. The
harsher ride through the back suspension can be tolerated for the lack
of "the twitch".

Out of interest anyone know what wheels Mr Hart runs on his Race Stag??

Regards

Richard Hudson
73 Auto White Stag