Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Richard help needed

Richard

Please read the messages below from Guy.

He seems to be having some troubles getting message out to the server.

keep staggering   brian

>From: ggrunwald@domain.elided
>To: batink@domain.elided
>Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 07:49:41 +1000
>Subject: From Guy
>
>Brian
>
>I am having some trouble getting through to the list.  I can not send
>either submissions or administrative requests.   At least the server still
>sees me as a subscriber and is sending me postings which others submit.  As
>a help to me could you please forward the following to Richard as when I
>tried to send it direct to him I just get the same 'returned mail user
>unknown' message.  I do not want this message sent to the list please.  One
>more thing you may do for me, could you please issue a help request to the
>server and then forward the answer to me so that I can see if there are any
>other commands I can try.  As mentioned I can not even get through with
>help and other administrative commands.  I hope this is all OK by you and
>thanks for your help.
>

>Guy Grunwald
>

>Richard
>
>As per my previous email relay to you I still have the same problem, that
>is I can not send administrative requests and can not send submissions to
>the stag list, though I am still receiving all mailings posted by others.
>Again the transcript of the error message I get back from the server
>follows.  Interestingly I also get the same message back when I try and
>send email direct to you, that is to the 'rwelty@domain.elided'
>address.  This is bizarre as I have not had any problems up to now.  Am I
>interpreting this correctly in that the krusty-motorsports server can not
>extract my address form the message it receives from me?  This appears to
>be indicated by   '(failed to find sending host name from IP address)' in
>the error message.  If this is the problem is there any way I can include
>the return address in my messages.  There may be some majordomo command to
>do this?
>
>Thank You
>
>Guy Grunwald
>

>Glenn
>
>Following tells the story.  Still no success with the list.  At least the
>server still sees me as a subscriber and is sending me postings which
>others submit.  Could you please forward the following to Richard as when I
>tried to send it direct to him I just get the same 'returned mail user
>unknown' message
>Thank You again
>
>Guy Grunwald
>

>Richard
>
>Thank you for your fast response.  Unfortunately I still have the same
>problem, that is I can not send administrative requests and can not send
>submissions to the stag list, though I am still receiving all mailings
>posted by others.  Again the transcript of the error message I get back
>from the server follows.  Interestingly I also get the same message back
>when I try and send email direct to, that is to the
> [...]
Reporting-MTA: dns; flametree.energy.com.au
Received-From-MTA: DNS; sydelec.energy.com.au
Arrival-Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:37:16 +1000 (EET)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; majordomo@domain.elided
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; krusty-motorsports.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 rejected: administrative prohibition (failed to find sending host name from IP address)
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:37:56 +1000 (EET)