Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Running on unleaded

Sorry for the confusion 148093 is the correct part number for the
Exhaust Valve listed in my catalogues; Suffix "A" and "B". I don't have
access to catalogues suffix "C" and "D" yet. Rimmers and James Paddock
only list 155524 as the Exhaust valve for the Stag. Which according
Mike Wattam ("Re: Running on unleaded" and his Club Triumph article) is
the late TR7 valve.

I have just purchased Two Re-conditioned Heads from Rimmers which they
claim are Un-Leaded they were more expensive than they're standard heads
(they have a splodge of Green paint on the front of the head). I'll let
you all know how I get on when the car is running again.

Rimmers have a different "Exhaust Valve Insert" for unleaded use part
No. 150863-UNLED (£10) as opposed to 150863 for leaded use, they
wouldn't say what the difference is.

Also I believe some new manufactured heads are on the way. These I've
been told are cast from a higher grade material and have better water
jackets. I bet they're also not cheap!

Richard  Brake