Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Miles per gallon.

Greetings from canberra.

-5 centigrade here this morning, not exactly topless weather.

Back to the subject, it has always intriqued me that the stag done not give
a better figures than it does.

Like when you consider that my 2500S Sedan, 2500cc motor twin SU carbies,
Manual o/d same size wheels (14 inch) gives me over 30 MPG on a long run.
We have a highway speed limit of 110KPH

 and compare this with the stag

3000cc motor (not much bigger), twin carbies (although I do not like the
strombergs and would love to convert to fully adjustable SU's), and similar
body weight (a little lighter without hard top, a little heavier with)

then I would have thought that with a manual o/d version figure in the 25
to 30 area should be easier obtained if speeds were restricted to 110KPH.

keep staggering

Brian