Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Miles per gallon

Dear All,

I have an interesting question.

What is the most economical speed to cruise at to give the best fuel consumption?

I always used to think that 55mpg was considered the peak in the fuel consumption curve (hence the US speed limit) but I once owned a BMW whivh actually gave graphs of fuel consumption for wach gear!. These graphs suggested the faster you go the more mpg. I guess each car is different, does anyone have any feelings about the Stag?

David Kirk - Kingston Products Ltd
david@domain.elided