Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag oil filters

Darwin Brown wrote:
>I have a question to the group.  Is anyone using an alternate
>replacement filter element to the GFE147, which would be more available
>here in the States?

I'm currently using a NAPA Gold filter #1184.  If your NAPA store
doesn't have a Stag listing in their parts books, ask them for the
filter they stock for the TR7 - it is the same part number.  This filter
comes with two sealing rings.  You must use the larger (.125" x .125",
or 3mm x 3mm) square section ring as specified in the ROM, procedure
12.60.01.  You can also get the Unipart GFE147 filter from The Roadster
Factory, which sells them as single filters, or in three-packs at a
slightly reduced unit price.  TRF was backordered on this part until
about two weeks ago.  I think the NAPA price is around $5 to $7.

Tim Buja - Rockford, Illinois, USA - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6