Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Windscreen trim

I know this must be one of the oldest subjects in the world.

My car has been without its' windscreen trim since I bought it, I now
have decided that I would like it back in. the trim itself is in
excellent condition after its five year storage in my shed, and the
Windscreen rubber was brand new 5 years ago.

What is the best way to install the stainless trim?

I have seen the special tool that can be made in the Stag Repair Guide,
before I go through the aggravation of making it, what chance do I stand
if fitting the trim..?

Has anybody got any useful tips of tricks?

Do I take the screen out and fit the trim and then reinstall as a
complete unit?

Do I call out AutoGlass and get them to do it??

Help!

Regards

Richard Hudson
73 Auto White Stag