Stag/Stag Digest Archive

A cry for help

Gentlemen

Before you trash this email, I just ask that you please read it through and
ask yourself what you would do in the same situation, because this email
relates to a life and death situation, namely my life.

Therefore before I get to the point, let me extend my greetings from
Canberra, and more importantly extend my apologies for this "Off topic"
email,  but please read on.

Since 1990 I have been fighting a rare type of Cancerous Tumour, known as a
Chordoma.  Since then I have been diagnosed with six tumours which have
been treated with two large doses of Radiation Therapy and four operations
the last two in May 1997 and again in Febraury of this year.

Last week I had a routine MRI scan and now they tell me that they believe
that I have not one but two more tumours.

With conventional R/T being no longer available, because they say that any
more will start to destroy the nervous system beside I would start to glow
in the dark, and there must surely be a limit to the amount of surgery
one's body will willingly suffer.

In addition, the problem with these type of tumours that they are
considered to be uneffected by Chemotherapy.

In the last few days I have spent considerable time on the webb seeking
reference points, contacts etc., and sending off a small number of emails.

Hence the purpose of this email, is to enlist the help of fellow staggers.
I would appreciate contact from anyone who has any sort of knowledge
regarding the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, especially Chordoma Tumours.

Please forward this email to any one that can help.

Many thanks for you patience in reading this email

Keep staggering and God Bless    Brian