Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag film

The wife and I were watching a movie last night and we were shocked
to see a Stag in it! It was a 1972 movie, made, I believe, for TV and
not released in the theaters, titled "They Only Kill Their Masters". It
starred James Garner, Hal Holbrook, and a host of other familiar '70s
actors/actresses.

The first sighting of the Stag is at around 50-55 minutes into the film.
It was Damson (?), top down, white racing stripe down the driver's
side. (Movie took place in California, I believe...) A rather nicely
endowed lady as passenger (not that I noticed, you understand). I
cringed when the driver tried to get it in revers (part of the script?),
but he did take off rather quickly and squeal the tires a bit going
around a corner. The V8 sound was there, but subdued. Final
appearance of the car was 10-20 minutes later when it was towed
away. (Nothing broken. Owner dead in the story.)

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way for our listers outside of the
States to see this movie, but since it appeared on TNT ya never
know.

BTW - I apologize if someone's already posted this. I am WAY
behind in my digests...

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        '83 BMW R80RT