Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Intermittent running

Thank you to all those who have suggested what could be causing my
intermittent problem. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

I have lumenition ignition, replaced in the last 6 months due to a different
misfire.  The coil has been replaced and 8mm Unipart plug leads from HRS
installed. The distributor cap is new and new Unipart plugs have been fitted.
Everything works fine when ever it is near a mechanic!

The stop/start is very sudden - no time to look at the rev counter I'm afraid,
- but only happens on acceleration at low revs and therefore I am persuaded to
think it is now fuel related having previously been sure it was ignition.

Am I correct in thinking that under these conditions vacuum is high therefore
any weakness in one of the carb diaphragms could cause this symptom?  There is
oil in the dashpots.

Regards

Graham Nicholson