Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Front suspension top mounts

I am now at the stage of putting the front suspension back in having had it
out for overhaul over the last couple of years. (It was meant to be a quick
job consisting of replacing the strut gaitors only but one thing led to
another).

The Haynes Manual says to use Dum-Dum putty between the top mount and the
turret under the bonnet to which it is bolted and the official Manual I use
recommends Plastiseal. Can anybody suggest a source for these as good old
Halfords are unable to help.  Alternatively would one of the silicone
 sealants which the big DIY stores sell in tubes for baths and showers be a
suitable substitute.

Tks in advance.

Andrew Wood
PSJ 986 R