Stag/Stag Digest Archive

tyre sizes

Dear All

My Stag is now fitted with standard Alloys again but the tyres are 185
14/70's these are as near to the standard tyre size as my monthly
allowance from my wife would allow. (Free!!!!) the rest of the
drivetrain is standard but I have noticed that the speedo is out by
about 10mph (on the optimistic side) i.e. 50 reads as 60mph etc etc.

Does anybody know roughly how many mph/1000 rpm I am likely to get from
this configuration. Standard tyres get 19/20mph per 1000. According to
original press releases

My car is fitted with a BW35 autobox..

Also for sale.
4 Dished WOLFRACE Alloys, they were originally fitted to the Reliant
Scimitar but fit the Stag nicely. If you want to know what the look like
check this months (June 1998) SOC magazine p4 there is a picture of a
white stag with it's rear wheels on ramps.. The actual size of the
wheels is "6x14x105 out" two of the rims are fitted with brand new 185r
14/90h Firestone tyres. They fit inside the rear wheel arches without a
problem..  The rims are un-kerbed un-pitted and un-painted though would
benefit from a slight polish. I'll accept any reasonable offer I am
based in the south east of England near to High Wycombe J4 M40.
Regards
Richard Hudson
73 Auto White Stag