Stag/Stag Digest Archive

engine rebuilds

(This posting is by way of an experiment as previous attempts failed).

I got the parts myself from Rimmers and had the work done by Thornford
Transmissions of Yetminster.  The engine was finished off and reinstalled
by our local Somerton engineers Holland & Co.
Its been running like a dream since. (do I wish I hadn't said that??)
Total cost around Stg2000.

In the last three years the car has done 2000 miles in France, 4000 in
Spain and 1000 to Germany and back.  Plus local daily use and some business
trips up country.  This summer it's going to Germany and Switzerland and

I think its beautiful but I have two problems.

1) The (mark 1) wheel trims rattle and I don't seem to be able to stop it.
Any ideas - which don't involve 1000-worth of wire wheels ???

2) A bit of the PVC dashboard cover has flaked off exposing the foam
filler.
Does anyone know how to repair and disguise the blemish?

Paul Audemars
Pimento 1972 (K)
footwearfindings@domain.elided
http://www.footwear-findings.co.uk