Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Star cars

There was also one in an Australian film called
"The Final chase".
I've just watched my recording of the start so can supply
this info. "hot off the press":-

It was a white MK1. Registration number "STAG 50"
(I assume you're allowed to choose your own numbers
over there)  The film stars my namesake and starts with
a guy taking the Stag out for a testdrive while the salesman
cringes at his mad driving.

The rev. counter is shown touching 6000 and after bouncing the
Stag off a couple of parked cars the "customer" runs off leaving
the salesman to deal with the police officer who's just ridden up
on his motorcycle!  I don't know how the file ends. I only kept
that bit.

The Stag used in "Diamonds are Forever" was indeed registration
number RVC 435H, and its commission number was LD14.
The then owner joined the SOC at Bromley Pageant on June 24th
1984.  (It's amazing what you can find in them thar' back issues)

Talking about "The Bill", one of our members, Graham Wicks,
managed to get his blue Stag in shot a few years ago when they
were filming an episode of The Bill in his road.  He didn't get any
royalties though!

John Clayton
SOC member no.1570
MK1 Stag reg.no.JHC 111