Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Drag strut poly bushes

Mike

greetings from Canberra where the overnights temps are down to minus 3
etc., definitely tin top weather.

Funny you should mention the shape of these bushes.

Yesterday I was searching the garage for something that I did not find, but
used the opportunity catalogue and re stack my spare parts.

In doing so I found a bag of bushes which I can only conclude came with the
stag when I bought in back in '89.

The bag included some trailing rubber bushes, 3 domed shape bushes (these
being the drag strut bushes that you speak of), and also 3 large in
diameter bushes which are coned shaped.  I was wondering what these where
for, but thinking about it, the bushes that hold the diff in place, are not
these coned shape??

I have recently replaced these bushes in the Sedan using the nolathane
(Plastic) bushes and they are round domed shape, and have recently
purchased a set for the stag, also round domed.

Just a thought.     As for why there were 3 bushes instead of 4, beats me.

keep staggering

brian

At 11:00 AM 11/06/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Graham
>
>You said;
>
>Has anyone used the poly bushes for the front drag strut from Rimmers? They
>sent me four but instead of being semi round as per the originals they have
>flat top and tapered sides - I think to sort of mimic the originals.
>
>I am a little reluctant to try them out.
>
>It could be that they sent me the wrong bushes of course! I had spitfire
>antiroll bar bushes sent instead of stag ones from them at the same time.
>
>Doesn't sound right, are these black or yellow material?  If the
>Australian-made yellow bushes (imported by Chris Witor) they should be
>spherical.  If black I don't know the answer to this one, they could well
>be wrong.
>
>Mike Wattam
>Triumph Stag Register

Brian & Jan Tink

Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
Australia
P.O. Box 815  Woden  A.C.T. 2606
batink@domain.elided
Phone: (02) 62815275 (h)  Mobile 014 68 5040
Fax:   (02) 62812331  Need prior warning to set up computer
FGBMFI   "His Banner over us is Love"

                                 /\
                         ___	/  \
                               \___/