Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: no Digest?

At 02:04 PM 6/11/98 -0700, a subscriber to the alfa digest wrote:
>I've missed the getting Alfa Digest for several days. Withdrawl symptoms
>hard to take. Have I got a problem or is it your server?  Thanks, Ted.

i broke the server tuesday, while i was in dearborn, michigan for a
conference (they had to put in 400 ethernet drops in the back of the room,
so i was keeping myself amused during the boring parts by doing a remote
upgrade -- which went bad, and blew away remote login, among other things.)

i went to the site (Wizvax Communications in Troy, New York) where the
krusty server is colocated this afternoon, and i have it 95% cured now.
most services are now running normally (regular email and web hosting never
broke, only remote login and majordomo list management). i'm straightening
out my boot initialization scripts right now; hopefully i'll get them done
promptly, else if the machine gets rebooted, i'll have to visit it to kick
it by hand.

sigh,
  richard