Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Gaydon

Hello Peter and All;
    Peter, sorry we missed you at Gaydon.  Seems as though a lot of
folks had the idea that it was a two day event, including myself.
However, sightseeing took most of Saturday, so my Gaydon experience
began with the Saturday night dinner.  From my understanding, the word
got out late that Saturday was a set up day, Saturday night the event
Dinner and/or BBQ.  Sunday, however, was excellent.  I estimate that
there were over 1000 Triumphs on the grounds, from Glorias, to
prototypes, to the Acclaim (alas, Triumph by name, maybe not by nature),
just about every model of Triumph ever made..
    The Saturday night dinner was quite nice, featuring Harry Webster,
some of the Triumph Racing circuit drivers.  I'll write more about the
event later...actually, I'm quite surprised that there have not been
more posts about the celebrations!!

Regards,
Glenn Merrell
"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html