Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Trailer (caravan) hitch for a Stag

Now that I've got our Stag back on the road after a engine rebuild, I'd
like to take it on a two week vacation.  The first leg of the trip would
be to the Vintage Triumph Register convention in Hudson, Wisconsin, then
followed by a trip either around Lake Superior or simply across the Upper
Peninsula of Michigan, ending up at the Canadian Classic in Sarnia,
Ontario.  I'd like to try pulling a small trailer behind the Stag - does
anyone have any experience with attaching a light duty trailer hitch to
the Stag?  If a hitch can be installed, where should it attach to the
body?

So far, cooling has not been a problem.  After two hours non-stop on the
road, I haven't seen the temperature gauge higher than the E in TEMP
(about 1/4 to 1/3 of full scale).  Oil pressure (hot) is about 45 psi
at 3500 rpm (my rev limit for the first 500 miles).  I'm running an 82C
thermostat, Unipart GTS 101.

This cooling system performance is much improved over two years ago when
it would overheat and boil over after 25 miles of 65 mph driving!

Tim Buja - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6 - Rockford, Illinois, USA