Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Windscreen Washer

Your problem with the standard Stag screenwasher is very normal I'm afraid,
and arises from the excessive heat under the Stag bonnet.

If you dismantle the pump by removing the 4 screws on the underside of the
pump and look inside, you will probably find that the impellor blades (made
of black rubber) are broken or weak.  There is a white plastic liner they
run in, this will have distorted around the inlet and exhaust holes, making
pumping effective only a small proportion of the time.  The result is a
very feeble water flow.

The only solution which seems to work is a new pump/lid assembly and you
will have waterworks to be proud of!  I have tried using a 'remote' pump
mounted on the wing, but this also gave out pretty quickly.

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register