Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag Composite Radiator Cowl Set UPDATE

Greetings All,
    Part Number 312298 and 312299, Stag Radiator Cowl set designed and
produced in Composite polyester, check part #1 has been pulled from the
mold!  I am currently in the process of:
    Fitting to a Mark II radiator, selecting the spire nut clips,
washers and mating bolts to enable proper fitting, fitting to a Mark I
radiator for the bracket requirements, completing the photo shoots for
the instruction sheet and web page for your viewing, keeping 4 clients
happy, and working a startup at 60-70 hours a week, all while balancing
a leaping Stag emblem on my nose!!.  Looks like my cost is $220 for the
two piece set, add packaging and shipping costs.  I estimate that the
set can be sent in the US by Priority Mail easily for $3 to $5 postage
USD, with the box and bubble wrap adding cost of  $2.00.   Full
disclosure of construction, pictures, payment, shipping materials, etc.
will be on a WEB site which I will post to the list and to all those
loyal followers via e-mail.
Production is commencing with the first half dozen parts before the end
of May, so I can take some display units to the Triumph 75th Anniversary
Celebrations in the UK.  At least two or those units will stay here in
the US, one to Mike Coffey of the SOC NE USA in Pennsylvania, one to a
fellow Stag owner who is lending his Mark I radiator for test fitting.
    With my work schedule for the next 5 weeks as busy as it is, keeping
pressure on production will be a real burden, but allows time to receive
orders for June production.  I expect that I will need to get resin and
fiber covered spraying a few parts myself in order to get the fabricator
rolling along.  Ummmm, polysilicabonate vapors and dust...can not wait!!

Regards,
Glenn Merrell
210 Bass Circle
Lafayette, Colorado  USA  80026-1811