Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag "SUBJECT" Line, Importance Thereof:

Greetings All,
    Someone so kindly brought this up several months ago, now it it time
to drive the issue HOME!!  Jumping now onto the soap box....

"SUBJECT LINE"

    I would like to kindly request that all users and contributors of
the Stag Digest list pay a bit closer attention to the "Subject" line
etiquette practices for using the lists.
    The Subject Line on your e-mailer is used by  the Digest to keep
track of something called a "thread".  The Subject Line is important
because it uses this thread  to tie all responses to a particular
subject or catagory  input together, so the letters everyone so kindly
and painstakenly write and submit can be sorted and kept together...by
this Subject.
    I feel this is very useful for going back into the Stag Digest
Archives (/stag/archive/)  to search for an article
to answer a question I may have about my Stag.  It is very easy to
locate a question and answer thread sequence in the digest about
Cylinder Heads if, say, the subject line contains the words "Cylinder
Heads", or "Heads", and possibly another word that describes the problem
associated with them, like "Leaking Gaskets" or "Valve Noise".
    For those of you who subscribe to other lists, how many of them have
the ability to go back into previous e-mails and search for information
by subject?  Not too many.
    This digest is supplied for our use and enjoyment, so the better we
keep house, the easier it will be to locate the information we need,
not like looking for that part that is lost SOMEWHERE IN THE GARAGE,
YIKES, GADZUKES!!!!

Stepping lightly off the soap box.....

Regards,
Glenn Merrell