Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Michellin XAS 185 R14 TYRES

Does anyone out there know where I can get new tyres of the original
spec for my Stag.

The original tyres have now seen better days and I will need to replace
them within the next 12 months.

I recall reading an article in the SOC magazine that XAS's are still
available to special order but "Vintage Tyres" at The national Motor
Museum at Beaulieu say there are no longer available and suggest a
Michellin MXVP as an alternative.

Can anyone help ?

Also whilst I'm connected, thwe oil warning light on the car is
extremely dim (unable to see in anything other that total darkness)
despite swoping the bulb with others in the warning cluster.  Could it
be that only the circuit through the brake system warning light is
working (as the wiring diagram seems to suggest that they are
connected)and that the oil pressure switch is dead ?  Any
thoughts/comments greatfully received.
--
David Horsnell
1975 Pimento Red