Stag/Stag Digest Archive

PS Rack

I've got a problem with a power steering rack for my 73.  The rack is in
good shape
but one of the 4 external lines is shot and leaking.  At this point, I hate
to go out
and buy a new or reconditioned rack for that one component.  One of the
male fittings
is cracked, the other male on the line is slightly stripped (my fault!) and
somewhat mushroomed at the end.  In addition the whole tube/line looks
somewhat suspect with various worn flats and a few rather deep nicks.

Sooooooo....

Any one out there (US) have any spare parts laying around from perhaps a
defunct
rack or parts car???

or..............

Any one out there have any suggestions as to some alternative?  I've been
to machine shops, parts places, etc...  Seems like we're looking at
something similar to steel brake
line, but with slightly different fittings (thread not to the end--I would
assume necessary to make the seal) and perhaps a bubble flare on the end.

Walter:  are you there?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn Hackbarth
School of Music