Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Replacement of brakes

Hello Andy,
    I bought a complete set of brake pads and shoes (and rebuild kits
F/R) from Barratts.  The main differences are that the shoes are riveted
from the UK, in the US they could be rivets or bonded.  The lining
material should be the same as OEM spec, so tell the part supplier you
need equivalent to DON225FG pads and DON227/205 shoes.  I believe that
both specs are metal impregnated asbestos, which may have some equals.
If you have not rebuilt your slave cylinders or front calipers, you
might want to look into that at the same time.

Regards,
Glenn Merrell
73 MArk II Stag, USA Model, LE23398U