Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Crankshaft hardening specification

I'm having my crankshaft ground down to .010" undersize, and I've received
a number of suggestions that I should have the crank re-hardened to ensure
that it will last more than a few hundred miles.  Does anyone have the
hardening spec handy so that my engine rebuilder can get it right the
first time?

BTW, I'm using stock (Vandervell) crank and rod bearings, .010" undersize,
if that makes a difference in the spec.

Thanks,
Tim Buja - Rockford, IL - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6