Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: K&N Filters

Hello All,
    In the US the K&N filter PN 33-2011 for the Stag  lists for $58, and is
available from just about any car parts house via order from K&N, one week
turn-a-round. It fits neatly right into the filter box.   I have used K&N
filters on many of my vehicles in the past, and I like the idea of just
popping it out, spraying it down with the hose, dry for 15 minutes in the
sun, reoil, and back in it goes. It truly is a permanent filter.   K&N Baja
race testing shows that even crusted with an inch of particulate crud hat
the filter maintains its flow and filtering characteristics.  It is stated
to improve average flow performance over a paper by almost 100%.  I would
think that reducing the work to get the air into the engine by improving the
flow path just might have something to do with improving performance and
power, but I am not sure...

Regards,
Glenn Merrell