Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Head Gaskets part 2

Hi Mike ,

You didn't see my water pump !!!! I was amazed that the water hadn't all
fallen straight into the sump. The only thing that was stopping it was
the amount of sludge filling every conceivable orifice the graphite bush
had disintegrated the spring collar from the oil seal I thought was
several worms living in the sludge. In hind sight this may have been the
cause of all the steam from every orifice not the head gasket.

By the way is the graphite bush still required with the new top seal
provided by rimmers they don't mention it in there catalogue, I'm
wondering if they did away with it when they developed the pump for the
TR7 and the new seal?

Any way engine filled and no leaks, won't start, battery flat, dizzy
probably one tooth out, too late, too tired, went to bed. try again
tonight.

cheers.

Luke.
Luke Stevens                                   email:
lstevens@domain.elided
Professional Services Consultant
Siemens-Nixdorf Enterprise & Personal Computing

My Stag doesn't have a oil leak its just marking its territory.